Thursday, April 13, 2017

Tomi Lahren to Glenn Beck: 'I won't lay down and play dead'

Conservative media personality Tomi Lahren said Wednesday that she's "deeply hurt" by Glenn Beck and The Blaze suspending her last month after she voiced her support for abortion rights, and she’d like to make a clean break.
“Let me go. Let me move on,” Lahren told ABC's “Nightline.” “I’m deeply hurt by what has happened, I’m disappointed in what has happened. But if this is the way that it is, let’s just part ways, cleanly.
"I just want to work and have the freedom to put my voice out there and I want to interact with my fans and followers, that’s all I want out of this.”
Lahren has nearly 700,000 followers on Twitter.
Lahren had been criticized in conservative circles after a March appearance on ABC’s "The View" for revealing that she supports abortion rights — and she wonders how other libertarians can oppose them.
“You know what? I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well,” Lahren said.
Lahren also shared Wednesday that she feels "lost" without her job as a Blaze commentator, which she did on the hour-long commentary program "Tomi.”
“It’s my job, this is my life,” she said. “Without that, I feel lost. When your outlet is taken away from you, when your catharsis is stripped from you and you don’t understand why and you’re so disappointed and you’re so blindsided by it — it hurts.”
“I don’t consider myself a feminist. But boy, I won’t lay down and play dead, ever,” Lahren concluded.
In a lawsuit filed last week, Lahren said she had been terminated.
But in a statement from The Blaze gave to “Nightline,” the outlet states that despite the 24-year-old's program being pulled, she is still under contract and being paid.
"It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her," The Blaze said in a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment